University Foundation Studies prepare students for university study, both academically and socially, by offering courses that are an introduction to the knowledge and skills needed for an undergraduate degree at the University of Western Sydney (UWS).
Guaranteed entry into first year at UWS
On successful completion of your course, you are guaranteed direct entry into the first year of a University of Western Sydney (UWS) undergraduate degree.
Alternatively, you can undertake a UWSCollege Diploma, which gives advanced standing of one year in the equivalent undergraduate degree at UWS.
We offer six study specialisations for you to choose. Your study specialisation will depend on the study that you have already completed and the course you would like to pursue at university. Our specialisations are:
- Arts (PDF, 723.52 KB)(opens in a new window)
- Business (PDF, 723.52 KB)(opens in a new window)
- Engineering (PDF, 157.96 KB)(opens in a new window)
- Health Science/Nursing (PDF, 162.06 KB)(opens in a new window)
- Information and Communications Technology (PDF, 164.22 KB)(opens in a new window), and
- Science (PDF, 162.85 KB)(opens in a new window).
UWSCollege offers University Foundation studies to Australian students in two formats.
Standard (Two Terms) Course
This format allows you to complete the course in eight (8) months. Read more.
Accelerated (One Term) Course
This format allows you to complete the course in four (4) months. Read More.
You will be placed in the appropriate length course on the basis of:
- the academic level you have completed in previous study
- the achievement attained at that level, and
- the appropriate specified English level.
You may also apply for advanced standing to reduce the duration of your course. To be eligible, you must submit a request along with your initial application.
UWSCollege and UWS
UWS licences UWSCollege to manage and teach the University Foundation Studies Program, so students in the program are UWS students.
UWSCollege is a wholly-owned entity of UWS.
Entry to UWS
When you successfully complete your University Foundation Studies and fulfil the UWS course requirements, you are given direct entry into the first year of your related UWS bachelor's degree.
For details of the minimum requirements for entry into each corresponding UWS degree, see the articulation requirements table.